Arduino PRO MINI
EMBEDDED COMPUTING APPLIED
2017 NOVEMBER | by Gene Casanova
Senior Systems Engineer
CGI Computer Wares, In Milwaukee WI, provides the Arduino PRO MINI OEM systemboards, ready for production applications.
Fabricated using the official Arduino open source technical drawing files and specifications.
The Arduino PRO MINI was developed by the Arduino company in Italy, as a OEM system ready for use in production where space is premium and embedded into a end product.
CGI Computer Wares, In Milwaukee WI Arduino PRO MINI OEM systemboards are available in 3.3 VDC 18MHZ and 5 VDC 16MHZ versions, equipped with a ATmega328 AVR.
'Arduino' has grown into a worldwide ecosystem.
The world's finest made CGI Computer Wares, Arduino PRO MINI OEM Systemboards are ready for production installation.
The Arduino PRO MINI is a micro-sized ATmega328 microcontroller embedded printed circuit board.
The system has
- 14 Digit I/O Pins
- 6 are available as PWM OUTPUTS
- 6 Analog INPUTS
- On-board Resonator
- Micro Reset Button
- Drilled PCB solder pads for Optional Pin Header Mounting
- Drilled PCB solder pads for a 6-Pin Header FTDI Cable Connector; or connection to a breakout board to provide
- USB power and communication to the systemboard.
Program With Arduino UNO SMD System
How to upload a sketch to 'Arduino PRO MINI' using an 'Arduino UNO SMD' as the programming device.
Arduino PROP MINI
Pins Side Opposite Reset Button:
GND TX RX VCC GND BLK
Systemboard to systemboard connections:
UNO SMD -> PRO MINI
TX -> TX
RX -> RX
5V -> VCC
GND -> GND
RESET -> GND
Open the Arduino IDE application.
1) SElect board: Arduino PRO MINI
2) Select processor. Select the processor on the Arduino RO MINI. For example "ATmega328 (5V, 16MHz)
3) Select Port. SElect the USB port on the computer running the Arduino IDE application where the Arduino PRO MINI is conencted.
4) Select Programmer: "Arduino as ISP"
5) Open the Sketch to be uploaded to the Arduino PRO MINI.
6) Click on main menu "Sketch" then on "Upload".
7) Click the RESET button on the Arduino PRO MINI, when "uploading" appears in the bar below the sketch window.
8) The 'Arduino UNO SMD' systemboard 'TX' and 'RX' LEDs may emit noticeable light after pressing the RESET button. If not, press RESET button again.
9) The Sketch is now uploaded into the Arduino PRO MINI. The Arduino PRO MINI is now programmed.
The Arduino PRO MINI systemboard requires connection to a USB-To-TTL Serial Interface to use with the Arduino IDE program development application.
3.3V Arduino PRO MINI OEM
The 3.3V Arduino PRO MINI requires a FTDI TTL-232R-3V3 USB - TTL Level Serial Converter Cable or a FTDI Module Board (3.3V).
5V Arduino PRO MINI OEM
The 5V Arduino PRO MINI OEM systemboard, requires a TTL-232R USB - TTL Level Serial Interface or a FTDI interface module board (5V).
USB-to-TTL Microcontroller Programmer HW - 597
A CH340G CH340 USB-to-TTL Serial Converter; USB 2.0 to TTL 6PIN Module.
The USB-to-TTL HW-597 module can be used to program an Arduino PRO MINI OEM embedded systemboard.
This module can be used to program microcontrollers capable of being programmed using serial boot loaders at 3.3V or 5.0V logic levels.
This module is based around a USB CH340G Controller IC. A full-speed USB interface, compatible with USB 2.0 interface.
Use The Technology Wisely & Keep It Simple
Need More? Need Help?
COMMERCIAL SUPPORT AVAILABLE
CGI Computer Wares | EST 1979